Who am I
Hi everybody I’m Alessandro Rosa’, an Italian guy graduated in Computer Engineering at the University of Padova. I was born in nineteen eighty-something in the city of Rovereto, somewhere in the north of Italy. After finishing a High School diploma in Computer Science, I settled down in Padova to continue my studies. At the end of 2011 I finished a Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering. Since then I’m a full time IT specialist.
My main tasks are software development, IT infrastructure monitoring/improvement, take care of customer’s bugs/issues and last but not least, learning new technologies, frameworks and systems. This website is my portfolio for showing what I’m usually doing, a place to remember cool stuff I’ve done during this years and hopefully another useful website for other people dealing with my topics and issues.
What I do for living
TCP/IP protocols, networks, subnets, subnet masks, routing, firewalls, switches, CAT 5e, 6, 7, SNMP monitoring, VLANs. I fell comfortable designing and troubleshooting ICT architectures.
I’m able to automated software deployment using continuous integrations tools, create Docker containers and connect them to create reliable and redundant systems.
In love with mountains and peaks, it has been really easy to be captured by this amazing sport. Free-heels ascents and free ride descents it’s the way I’d like to spend my spare time.
May 2014 – Current
I currently work for Trilogis SRL in quality of Senior Software Engineer. Mainly tasks are development of backend/middleware services (REST APIs) using C# and .NET/.NET Core. What I do with C# I can reproduce it with Java and Spring Pivotal Framework. I really appreciate both stacks.
- Docker newbie
- VMware Virtualization support. Fully proficient.
- Computer/Server network management and NMS (network monitoring system) expert.
- Google Cloud & Microsoft Azure management & delivery knowledge.
Jan 2012 – Apr 2014
SAP IT Infrastructure Manager
SAP IT Infrastructure Manager (since 2013), main tasks were:
- Understand and oversee the SAP infrastructure landscape including interfaces to third party systems
- Represent the main contact for specific SAP infrastructural questions
- Create, maintain and provide architectural documentation
- Coordinate external partners on infrastructure level.
- Ensure a smooth execution of system changes by providing knowledge and by focusing on a proper flow of information between parties
- Collaborate with designer SAP Business Application Project Manager covering the technical aspects
- Manage wired and wireless networks(design and implementation), take care of NMS (Network Monitoring Systems). Products used: ProCurve, Fortinet, Riverbed and Cisco.
- Be the backup for the Virtualization in the headquarter: WMware products, Symantec NetBackup.
- Scripting & process automation: Windows/Unix environment.
Professional Practice Exam
University of Trento, Trento, Italy
Enabled to the profession of IT Engineer by passing the Italian State Exam
MSc Computer Enginnering
University of Padova, Padova, Italy
I got a Computer Engineering Master Degree at the University of Padova.
BSc Computer Enginnering
University of Padova, Padova, Italy
I got a Computer Engineering Bachelor Degree at the University of Padova.
High School Diploma, Computer Science specialization
ITI G.Marconi, Rovereto (TN), Italy
Software Engineering Skills
C# Middleware Development
ASP .NET Web API
Hibernate & EF
Java, Spring Framework
Computer Engineering Skills
Networks & Firewalling
Docker & DevOps
based in Northern Italy